Friday, September 30, 2005

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT DIKSHA WITH GRACE...



From Aaron:

Grace has been one of my dearest friends for many years, I love her dearly. It has been a treasure to witness her evolution to full consciousness. She is one of the people I can truly say arrived as a seeker, and leaves as a finder. Her & Kiara now find those souls who are ready to explode into complete self-awareness… which is global consciousness, our true nature.
The experience of diksha has been for me like being held in the most sublime and tender arms of the universe.

Since receiving diksha, my core sense of being a separate struggling individual, resisting reality, trying to "make it" to somewhere or something, has disappeared. What is there instead is a tremendous relaxation and feeling of connection to everything. It’s like being in the center of a gently flowing river, guided moment to moment along a tangible current of love.

It has been a blessing to be with Grace going through the motions of daily life, full of exuberance, love, joy, tolerance, and her fierce inner drive to Truth. She leaves no stone unturned. She has touched many souls deeply. She does so without pretense, expectation, or judgment. Her being is totally genuine.

“The experience of diksha has been for me like relaxing into the womb of creation where my relationship with the self & the world is one of sublime tenderness and love."


Diksha With Grace:
An incomparable experience. Don't miss it. All too rare these days, the opportunity to be in the presence of unconditional love and simple presence. Where else can one go to simply sit and be drenched in love and devotion and just by being there willing to receive, experience abundant, exquisite love for all of life, well-being and grace. Grace is the most deliciously ordinary person I have met.
Libby Tao Kelson-Fulcher, D.D.

“Right after my first diksha experience, I powerfully saw and felt, over and over, how my mind’s stories were (and continue to be) the cause of ALL my suffering. And I was able, perhaps for the first time in my life, to step out of that constant stream of mind-talk, of believing the mind, and  immediately felt a deep calm and peace.”   - Marcia Zina Mager


“This has been a most incredible experience for me, and feels so good. It is nothing to do with a religion, nor do you need to change your views, religion or lifestyle in any way.”   -Cynthia

My Diksha Dance…

I’ve recently gone through an intense and life-changing experience that seems to have been brought on or catalyzed or amplified by (whatever you’d like to call it) receiving diksha about six weeks ago.

While I don’t know if it was totally “caused” by the diksha experience –
I had, in fact, been doing some powerful energy work beforehand –
the diksha experience definitely added a powerful, powerful element.

What happened?

Simply put, I experienced, in a short period of time, an intense amount of concentrated mental/emotional suffering and in the midst of it, saw/realized/felt the cause or source of that suffering: Identifying with my mind.

I’ve been a spiritual seeker my whole adult life and would consider myself very knowledgeable and intellectually sophisticated when it comes to contemporary Western spirituality. I particularly resonate with Eckhart Tolle, Gangaji, Byron Katie, and Joel Goldsmith (to name a few).

Yet my grasp and ability to practice what these awakened teachers were talking about always seemed somewhat sporadic and short lived. I see now it’s because that understanding came from my mind. I had a “concept” about what they were saying, not a living, in-my-body understanding. To put it more simply, I believed that freedom, enlightenment, the ‘answer’ came from the mind.

Since the diksha experience, I powerfully saw/felt/realized, again and again, how my mind’s stories were (and continue to be) the cause of ALL my suffering. The only cause. No exceptions. None. And when I stepped out of that constant stream of mind-talk, of believing the mind, of identifying with the mind, I immediately felt calm and peaceful.

I seem to be able to maintain this state more and more. What I mean is –
I seem to be able to catch my “suffering” when it begins (suddenly realizing, again, that it’s just a story, a series of thoughts in my mind) and then immediately begin to withdraw my identity from that story, from my mind, and find peacefulness again. I seem to be able to abide, more and more, in the Witnessing Presence that awakened teachers talk about. I seem to be able to abide in “the field of attention” that Tolle talks about, the awareness, or consciousness out of which everything arises.

The real test, of course, always is the people closest to me – particularly my husband and 7 year old son, both of whom can easily trigger me/push my buttons and “send” me into a wildly reactive self. (Ram Das once said, if you want to know how enlightened you are, go spend a week with your parents!)

With this quiet, yet profound shift, I seem to be able to see/feel that suffering/reactivity coming on; I am able to bring Presence, or Conscious Awareness to the pattern arising in me, and then my reactivity (which has been my namesake!) dissipates relatively quickly.

Equally important (and part of the same shift) is my deepening ability and willingness to abide in Stillness. To simply sit and do nothing. To wait, without expectation, for the “doing” to arise; and out of that state take effortless action.

In fact, I told my husband the other day, in tears, that for the first time in my entire life, I am not afraid of Stillness. In many ways, my whole life, I ran from Stillness, from that inner quiet. It terrified me. I needed enormous amounts of distractions: emotional drama, television, over-eating, etc.

Can I always do this? No, I cannot. But I seem to be able to do this more and more. I seem to be able to “hold” this consciousness – or a more accurate description is – this consciousness seems to stay with me, hold me; this Presence seems more and more rooted in my daily activities and awareness, without me making an effort, without “trying.” I go to bed aware of it. I wake up aware of it. I seem able to “remember” it more and more and more throughout my day. And when something does trigger me, I seem to be able to quickly witness my mind (and emotional) reaction and bring that Consciousness, again, to the arising reactivity.
All of this without any real effort. And that is an enormous relief to me because I have pushed and “tried” and “worked” my spiritual path for too many years. Frankly, it’s been exhausting!

Now that I am, for the moment, on the “other side” of the intense process I just went through, I can look back and see it as a gift of Grace. I am even beginning to see my own reactive patterns as a gift of Grace because as I see the pain and suffering arise, I can bring Presence, or Conscious Awareness to it. For me, that ability and willingness is an indescribable gift.

I don’t know if this will last. I deeply know, more and more, that absolutely everything is conditional. Even, perhaps, experiences like these. Of course, from this vantage point, it’s hard to imagine losing this rootedness, but ultimately, who knows…

What I do know, from this point in time, is that I can never go back. I cannot go back to believing what my mind tells me. I can’t seem to engage (for very long) in any sort of complaining, negative expressing because I am too aware that it is being generated by my mind/emotions and that is the root cause of my suffering.

I’m only writing this to give a little more clarity to this experience.
Perhaps something about this resonates for you. If it does, and you feel drawn to receiving this energy, this diksha, I encourage you to join us.

Love,
Zina


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home